Friday, November 10, 2006

Finding Balance

Those two words in my title seem to be a big thing in my life right now. I can't seem to find it for everything I do. It's kind of interesting on how I have come to get to thinking about this. I take dd to her karate classes during the week usually unless a work "emergency" comes up. Last night they were going over form stances and sparring stances and talking about making sure you have a "good foundation" cause it is too easy to lose your balance if you get hit and you don't have a good stance. As we were driving home from class I told dd that remember what you talked about in class because it applies to school and life as well.

I realize that I haven't been finding the right balance lately( been focused in one or 2 things and not enough on others) and I need to refocus my efforts. Course when things throw a monkey wrench into the works like the cable TV showing missing(off air) channels and they actually aren't....well balance gets thrown out the window.

Anyway hopefully I can that balance quickly again and be around the people and things I love most without one thing overwhelming another. In response to last post comment, I have gotten hooked on DOOL(days of our lives) again. I loved watching the Steve and Kayla stuff back in high school and college mainly and was happy to hear they're back. Their storyline has really started to kick into gear and I've found a board or 2 where the people are as passionate about it as I am. I love the chemistry between Mary Beth and Stephen. I know they are good friends both on and off set and it just shows in their work.

Anyway with more news:

We went to dd's conference last night too (busy night). The teacher was pretty pleased with her. She has a habit of rushing through things and not always answering the question asked. She can be forgetful at times and doesn't always finish assignments when need be in teacher's time limits. She misses the honor this time only cause of the "n" in the instrumental music elective. I haven't been pushing like I should for her to practice and that doesn't help her either. Plus she's having a hard time with getting fingerings. Otherwise I think we had a bunch of "s" and sveral "o"'s and like 2 or 3 B's and the rest A's. I'm pretty pleased and we now have a push to get straight top marks and I told her another day of getting nails done. She is doing above level work in both math and language arts so I'm very happy that she seems to be challenged.

I think that's it for now....really need to be working but we just finished a close so a calm Friday isn't a bad thing.

Later!!

1 comment:

. said...

I agree, it's SO hard to find balance! Congrats to your dd for doing well in school, keep up those challenges, we're doing similar here with Ash!