September was a pathetic month stitchingwise except for Family, Home Love and it is missing 2 border words and almost 2 brown middle dialog lines (just 1 letter short of that).
So I decided I needed a kick in the buns to be stitching and figured this was a good push as well.
I'm going to do the 10 project challenge as described below( they have 25 and 50 as well and I reserve the right to push the level up to those as I need to/want to). My main exemptions are the last 2 Lizzie Kates of Christmas flip its( I have the other 10 patterns and want complete set), the new PR enchanted fairy and any materials I might need to do said patterns. As the challenge started 9/1/06, I just have my first finish with this last quilt square.
From the Wagon bb:
Purpose of the challenge: to reduce the amount of patterns you have not stitched. This challenge can also be applied to other areas of you stash if you wish (please post your personal modification).
1. Have fun reducing your stash.
2. There is no time limit- people have different size projects they would like to work on.
3. Thou shall not purchase any new patterns until 10, 25, or 50 projects have been stitched. Pattern size does not matter. WIPs and UFOs finishes count.
4. This challenge can also apply to knitting, beading, sewing and crocheting patterns.
5. You can make some exemptions - I am not placing limitations on this due to commitments that people might already have. Remember, though, the goal of this challenge is to reduce stash so too many exemptions will sabotage these efforts. I have declared three exemptions.
6. Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs and patterns bought with gift money are not a violation of this challenge. Patterns bought to make gifts for someone else are also exempt.
7. Freebies count as part of your total and you can aquire them at any point.
8. You do not have to declare the projects you intend to work on. (If listing would make you feel better please do so)
9. The offical start date of this challenge was Sept 1, 2006 since I have been posting about it for awhile and want to make sure the everyone's projects have been included. All projects finished on or after this date count for the challenge. Example: you have been working TW's Peacock Tapestry for the past 36 months and you finally finished it on Sept. 12th... it counts as part of your total for the challenge.
I also will get a list together for patterns I want to finish up for a challenge on the Needle nook board. I do know first is to finish Family,Home, Love for 2006.
Gift of Peace,Apache Wedding and High Flight I think are going to be my biggies for 2007 as well as having all of the Lizzie Kate Christmas ones done for the season on 2007.
Anyway here's my October goals:
RR's as they come(have 1 right now)
Family Home Love
New Start of wintry type thing ( 1 of the 4 done) and
I just need to get back to a rotation on some of these pieces I have going...I have some pretty close and I'd like to get them finished!!!!!
2 posts in a few days...wow I must be getting better!!!!